Monday, July 25, 2005

What Have We Been Up To?

It's been almost two weeks since my last update. I've meant to put something; but have been sidetracked by a few things.

I'll start with the kiddies .....

Hayzey is beginning to crawl. Mrs G and myself have seen her take up to 5 'crawls' at a time; but she still prefers the belly. The knee crawl is very awkward and very cute to watch. Sometimes we become convinced she is going to crawl on her hands and feet - but she always seem to lose balance.

Hayzey has also discovered our steps - so the step guard is back on and in duty. So far she's only gotten to the 2nd step, but she's also had some very near misses.

The other interesting thing Hayz is doing is eating toast. She loves it. We give her half a piece of wholemeal at brekky each day and she tears into it. There are no teeth yet so she gums it to death.

LGR is back on the Wiggles wagon bigtime. He loves music - and has started to improvise by interspersing songs and mixing in his own lyrics. There must be at least 50 songs that he knows and he recognises so many more. Earlier today we caught him walking around saying 'Six months in a leaky boat' (Split Enz I think?) and last night he told me how much he likes 'Eagle Rock'. Cool kid :-)

The other new trick he is doing and just an embellishment on an old one - talking our ears off. There's a bit less 'Why?' going on but there's a lot more general question asking and plenty of telling Mummy and Daddy (and anyone who will listen) what's going on and why it's happening.

There's not much new in the life of Mrs G and myself. Mrs G is still loving maternity leave and I'm still jealous that she has it. I've done a bit of study and have managed to finally pass an Industry certification exam. I'm trying to run, but am having all sorts of problems with my right shin. Maybe it's time to take up swimming or cycling? Can you imagine me swimming for recreation? Very boring - although I did manage to do it for 2 consecutive months earlier this year.

But that's enough - there should be some pics up pretty soon.

Ooroo.