Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Miscellaneous

Hiya Everybody

I've been very, very slack again. There's been a few things going on and I've neglected to share the news with everyone. Naught, naughty me.

I'll start with the party of 3's - I turned 30 and LGR turned 3. To answer everyone's questions I feel great about being 30 and I don't believe I'm over the hill. Life is not any different and I don't have any more grey hairs.

The day was good. Mrs Gazzarus and myself were up from about 02:00 in the morning - because Hayzey thought this was a good idea. At the least it made my day longer. Mrs G and myself alos both had developing headcolds and to top it off my wisdom teeth were moving again.

But never mind - party's to have. We ordered a jumping castle for LGR and his mates. When it was being blown up LGR didn't want to know about it, and didn't go near it for about an hour. Then other kiddies started to arrive and we couldn't keep them off it.

I seemed to spend most of the first hour chatting, then most of the second hour cooking up a BBQ. I got a bunch of meat from a pretty good butcher; but the chicken sausages (which are usually pretty good) were crap. Sorry about that folks. Suffice to say they have been scratched from the shopping list.

Any way - as with most party's it all happened in a blur. I think I got to chat to everyone. There were presents everywhere, kids everywhere, noise everywhere.

LGR cried when the jumping castle was taken away.

----
----

What else? I formally accepted the new job offer. This means I will now be working 5 days a week in more or less standard business hours. No more shift work - which is good.

----
----

Gifts. I got heaps of gifts.

In order that I received them:

My Dad gave me a Flash player. To quote LGR - "It's tops". Unfortunately there was a little software bug which meant the songs downloaded to the player were truncated - the last 10s dropped off. One firmware upgrade later and that problem is solved. I have mobile music :-)

My roasting tray from Mrs G. This probably doesn't seem like a big deal to most people but I was thrilled. I've never had a fair dinkum heavy duty roasting tray with a roasting rack. It's been used to make a roast chook with potatoes cooked in the drippings. It was very good. The tray only just fits in the oven - if it was 2mm wider it wouldn't get in at all. Would've needed to get a bigger oven (or a new kitchen, or house) to use my tray :-)

Grandma (aka Mrs G's Mum) gave me breadmaker. It is so nice to effortlessly cook fresh bread and it smells amazing. All I have to do now is figure out where to get strong flour and different flour mixes. And become creative.

My Mum gave me the most personal gift - and the one with the most thought and meaning. It was a pictorial diary of my life. From when I was a newby kid up until pretty much now. I had an inkling it was coming (hard to keep a project of this magnitude quiet) but still found myself a little teary when receiving it.

----
----

We're going for a trip away soon. Via the Internet we've managed to score ourselves an absolute beachfront cabin (all that is between us and the water is sand - apparently) which has an indoor spa, outdoor jacuzzi (sp?) and who knows what else. Best of all it's not in Sydney. Very keen, very looking forward to it.

----
----

The kids. How can I forget the kids? They're great. Both are getting along like a house on fire. Hayzey is cruising everywhere, babbling incessantly and pointing at everything. She is eating just about everything she sees and not sleeping beyond daylight. She smiles and giggles alot and likes a bit adventure in her life. She's not scared of anything yet.

Strangely enough Hayzey has learnt how to headbutt things. Mrs G and myself saw herself sitting on the backdoors (leading to the dock) a few days back rocking back and forth and tapping her head on the glass door. This wasn't enough however. She turned around, got an all fours and started to rock her body back and forth - and in the process whacking her head into the door. She was laughing while doing it!!

LGR is learning something every day and still files away everything he sees and hears. Sometimes he doesn't understand - but then a few days later he'll make a comment and you realise that he's remembered. He is currently wearing a spiked haircuit - courtesy of an overly enthusiastic hairdresses. It looks very cool when done up properly.

The best part of the new haircut is that it prompted to say he looked like me. I don't hear this too often, and it made me happy.