Monday, February 06, 2006

Not Long to Go

As I sit here and type I am pretty happy to know that I am not going to work today, and in 48 hours we will have left home and be on our way.

I got home on Friday and Mrs G hit me with a proposal that we leave a day earlier. I agreed that this would be good (we both would have liked to have left over the weekend but she has some work commitments) as long as I didn't have to find accommodation.

Within two minutes this was done :-)

I also found out that LGR had learnt how to write his own name. I've seen him do it 3 or 4 times now and it's very cute - albeit a slow process.

What happened over the weekend? Not a lot really. Swimming lessons on Saturday morning followed by naps for both kids. While they were napping Mrs G used a voucher (for a day spa) that she received for her birthday.

After lunch we went for a quick trip to the shops to get a few little things we needed for the trip (such as video tape) and I looked for some more sandals. This was not a successful search. I think I might be a little bit fussy about this ...

Sunday was even slower. We went out in the morning to get some food for dinner. We had a very droll and uninspired lunch and then all worked in the garden for a bit. We played some games and told jokes and our dinner guest arrived at about 16:00.

So then we played more games, told more jokes and argued about what was on TV. I wanted to watch the cricket and LGR wanted to watch The Wiggles. I won and he went to sleep :-)