Thursday, April 03, 2008

Outstanding

A few weeks back I wrote that Mrs G and myself were going to attend a Keith Urban concert with a couple of friends (The Chefs).

Well - that show has been and gone and I will openly admit that I was astonished, and very pleasantly surprised, by the quality of the show. I will quite freely admit it was the best concert I have ever had the pleasure to attend.

If you ever get the chance to see a Keith Urban show I highly recommend it - even more so if you like (or possibly even partially like) the music he plays. As a result of this experience I view his repertoire of songs in a whole new light and have a lot of respect for the guy as a musician.

It really was a fantastic show.

--

What else has been happening?

LGR is powering ahead with school. He loves it. He has discovered the joys of using MS Paint on the PC, and of late is also playing a lot of Solitaire on the PC. I now have to fight with him to get access to the computer :-)

His soccer skills are slowly developing. Of interest to me is that he shows a bit of promise as a goalkeeper - surprisingly fearless and quite adept at getting his hands on the ball. Last game he kept a clean sheet while he was in goals by keeping out about 10-12 shots. Very well done little mate!!!

Hayzey is, if possible, becoming even more stubborn and headstrong. She swings wildly between being amazingly sweet and loving to incredibly frustrating. It's hard to think of specific examples but suffice to say she manages to bridge the gap between the two extremes quite comfortably.