Friday, October 29, 2010

Curious

LGR woke up this morning and told me he had a curious dream. He couldn't remember much of it but knew it was very curious.

I love that he used the word curious. It's a terrific word and quite appropriate for dreams.

What else happened today? The kids had a dance at school today - after school. From 16:30 thru to 18:00. It was a fancy dress dance - come dressed as a character from a kids book. HJ was Sleeping Beauty (I think) and LGR was Voldemort of Harry Potter fame. They both had a great time.

I was also back to the physio. Less massage today and more time on the bike, stretching and being subjected to 'the machine' - which is some sort of electro stimulus thing that causes the muscles around my knee (and in particular the vastus medialis) to contract. Pretty happy with the progress being made.

I've just had a craving for the date slice my Mum used to make. She would cook it in a loaf tin; then cut it while still hot and put butter on it. The butter would melt and it was terrifically tasty and gratifying. Miss my Mum.