Monday, January 15, 2007

Another Week ...

I once heard somebody say that as you get older each year passes by faster than the preceding year. Not sure if that' s necessarily true but I do seem to having some problems getting time to update this page ...

We've had a bit of a sad week in the Jones house. Sox has disappeared and I'm becoming quite sure she won't be seen again. We heard a cat fight outside our house Sunday week back and Sox faithfully reappeared the next morning. On Monday night we heard another squawl but not quite as loud or aggressive sounding. The difference is that Sox has not been seen since ...

We were all quite sad about it. This surprised me. I only got 3 or 4 chances to sit down and 'play' with Sox and LGR barely touched her. By Thursday he looked like he was going to cry everytime we mentioned her and was insistent he had a picture of her in his room. Hayzey was inially quite confused - she would stand at the back door and yell out "Kitty cat" or "Puss puss" and then wondered why there was no response. By Wednesday evening she had given up - and turned to Mrs G and I and quite simply said "No cat. Gone." We haven't heard her ask for Sox since then.

I guess this means our cat adventure is over. It is sad. We all enjoyed having her around for one reason or another and we all miss her in our own little ways.

---

During the weekend just gone Mrs G and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. It isn't actually until 17th January but we figured that babysitting would be harder to organise on a week night. We went into town and spent the night in a fairly nice establishment. We also went out for dinner and breakfast, did a spot of sightseeing, bought some clothes (I needed some shoes for dinner because I left my 'good' shoes at home ...) and generally had a great old time.

So, many thanks to Aunt LJ and UA for looking after the kidlets - who had a great time and gave a glowing endorsement.