Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Season Has Begun

Since the last update there has been a lot going on.

Mrs G and myself have both been to our respective work Christmas parties. Mrs G come out of hers in an entirely more respectable than I did out of my own. In my defense however I should state that my work Christmas went for a very big portion of the day and I had a lot more fun.

We've knocked off just about most of our Christmas shopping. It's a nice feeling. There are still a few folks who we need to pick up some things for but at least it's only one or two things and not 30 or 40 things. Unfortunately for me one of these people is Mrs G - and I suspect she hasn't bought anything for me either. Maybe we could go without gifts this year ....

There's been a couple of late nights put in of recent times. Sunday night saw us get home at about 22:00 after an afternoon and dinner with the families McK and Chef and then a walking tour of the neighbourhood to see Christmas lights. It doesn't sound late but when you add in the requirement to have the kids at kindy on Monday morning in time for the adults to get to work it gets late. I've been told that LGR had stern words with Mrs G about how late we were out and how tired he was on Monday morning.

Mrs G was out late on Monday and Tuesday - one for personal reasons and one for work reasons. This left me at home with two kids. I missed some phone calls and will get back to you all eventually. Maybe even tonight.