Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Guest

We had an unexpected visitor last night - Mrs G bought a friend home from the Christmas gathering!!! As is my custom I won't reveal her name but apparently Miss L was a little under the weather and there were some concerns about her getting home. It took them so long to get a cab back to our place that both of them were sober by the time they got here so I presume the fears may have been a touch unfounded ...

As a result our spare room was inhabited and I made very sure I was with LGR when he woke up this morning - I could very easily imagine the hysterics if he woke up and found an unidentified person wandering around the house.

Today was a very average day. It rained again. I did very little at work again. I went out for lunch again. The main point of delineation between today and yesterday is that Clan Jones went out for dinner - ending up at a 'hole in the wall' Chinese place that served very good food. When we went in there all tables were empty but by the time we left it was packed and they were having to turn people away. Even the kids liked it. We'll be using them as a takeaway venue in the future ...

What else? I finally got my first edition of a magazine subscription I took out a while ago. For some reason the first attempt to send a magazine to me didn't work and then it took several days to get in touch with someone who could answer my questions - then another week for me to actually receive the magazine. I also got a free hat :-) It's a small scale magazine but also a very good magazine - and it's all about running.

Which I'm able to do again. I've run 3 out of the last 4 days (I missed this morning - slept through the alarm) but on the other days it was relatively pain free. By pain free I mean injury pain free.

I've got a long way to go before I can call myself a runner again ...