Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Relief

This evening I have finally determined a way to get our extensive library of holiday videos onto the PC in a format which is compatible with my DVD creating software. I am very relieved. Until now I have been of the opinion I would have to create discs with no menus - meaning that if you wanted to view a part of the disc at minute 52 you would have to fast forward through the first 52 minutes to see it. By changing some Handycam parameters (two of them actually - not that the operating guide tells you about the dependency) I can down convert the signal from HD to SD and thus make my PC happier. And me. Much DVD making to come :-)

---

I can reveal to all who are concerned that our house is safe and sound. After receiving a few phone calls tonight we watched some news and are not sure how our suburb came to be mentioned. The footage we saw appeared to be nowhere near us - but I could be wrong. Suffice to say we have seen plenty of rain as evidenced by the flooded front porch at 03:15 this morning and the flooded backyard as evidenced at 14:00 this afternoon - but the house, street and ourselves are all quite safe. And sound.

---

Poor Hayzey was a bit crook today. I got a phone call at about 14:50 asking if I could pick her up. She had a pretty good temperature and was quite lethargic. I took her shopping to get some stuff for dinner and while we were in the fruit and veg shop she up-chucked. The clever little button had managed to grab a plastic bag and most of it went in there but a goodly amount still found her shirt and the floor. She said she felt better for it and spent the rest of the trip (all 10 minutes of it) telling anybody who would listen that she 'vominted' in the fruit shop :-)

I thought she was getting better but another episode during dinner raised the concern levels again. When she went to bed she was quite chirpy and there was no temperature to be seen.