Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Private School Boy

Last Thursday I picked up LGR from after school care and was astonished to see him dressed in long pants, long sleeved shirt, leather boots and his school hat. It was all tucked in and neat and he looked every bit the private school boy. It was amazing and if I hadn't seen it for myself wouldn't have believed how grown up he seemed. I'm hoping to have some pictures of this published later in the week.

---

I had an early start for work yesterday. Apparently Hayzey also had an early start - getting out of bed at 04:00 and deciding to walk around the house for a bit. She ended up in Mummy's bed - which I'm sure is a good result for Hayzey and a bad result for Mummy. She was better this morning - not waking up until Daddy's voice got a bit loud while talking to Mum while she was blow drying her hair.

I ended up with pre-work cuddles from both kids today - a bit of a rarity. LGR asked to me to print out a picture of himself when he was a baby so I did this and then found myself looking at more photoes and suddenly realising I was supposed to be on my way to work .... It was worth it.

---

We travelled up the mountains on Saturday to see Nanna and Grandma for Mothers Day. It was a nice afternoon out - although I missed most of the Grandma visit because I was asleep (I don't know why but I got very tired and ended up sleeping for about 2.5 hours). It was fun at Nanna's house - all her kiddies were there with all our kiddies. It's pretty rare for this to happen and everyone seemed to get along quite nicely. The only dampener on the evening was the ridiculously small serving sizes provided by the Chinese place we chose to get dinner from.

---

We gave the kids an 'adult' dinner last night - beetroot, pumpkin, rocket and walnut salad with some dukkah crusted steak. They ate it and said it was good!! LGR didn't like the walnuts but other than that there were no complaints. I felt very satisfied.

---

What else have I done? I built another gate for the backyard - this time blocking off the narrow side of the house. It was mainly done so we can put our pots down there and start growing veges again. The puppies very kindly destroyed every single potted plant we had within a few months of us getting them and I miss the thrill of watching the plants grow. It's also good for the kids to see it all happen. And fresh food tastes terrific.

The best part about this gate is I did the entire job myself - no assistance from anyone. It's the first time I've done this and am quite satisified with my results. I'm not sure if it's squared up properly - I eyeballed everything. The gate swings and is firmly in the ground so that's good enough. Right?