Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A General Update

It feels as though I have been superbusy, but when I sit here getting ready to type it out there doesn't seem to be much. I think that might be because a lot of our busy revolves around family things - training, schooling, health care and whatever else.

Everyone in Clan Jones has had a cold of some description. My own version of it lasted just 3 days; whereas Hayz is getting into her 2nd week (after very nearly clearing up over the weekend). LGR sniffled for a few days and Mrs G seems to be getting crook and will probably have a decent cold by the end of the week.

I also managed to hurt my back. Again. Nothing major. I was lifting a 6 year old boy (not my own) over a fence by leaning over the fence and grabbing his hands (I was well and truly on the high side of the fence). As I raised my hands above my head to get his waist above the fence my back gave me a bit of 'cop this' and that was all that was needed for the next two weeks. I've just started exercising again ...

Mrs G is more or less fully recovered from her hospital experience. She is exercising and telling me there is no more pain. Work seems to think she has recovered also - she's back on the road again tomorrow for the first of what I think will be many trips.

The kids are still kids and still intermittently frustrating and beautiful.