Monday, August 29, 2005

Days off work

I just had 4 days off work :-)

It was busy. On day 1 we travelled down to our favourite nursery and bought some plants for the backyard - two wattle trees, a grevillea type thing, an unidentified freeby that will need some loving, a couple of ground covers and some little yellow shrubs.

Friday was the planting day. LGR was very excited and a very enthusiastic helper. His areas of expertise appear to be digging holes, spreading manure ('smelly dirt') and watering. He loves it all really. Hayzey is not so involved and is content to crawl around on the grass (and eat it).

I also bit a mini-deck to cover the easement in the backyard. I'm quite proud of it.

Saturday was a big drive out to Lithgow for a birthday party. The day started at 05:30 and we ended up getting home at about 21:00. In the middle we had swimming lessons, a breakfast excursion, the trip to Lithgow and some party time and then a stopover in Katoomba on the way back for some kids playtime, baths and dinner. A very long day and both kiddies were pretty well behaved.

Sunday was another birthday party - a Wiggles party this time. I've never seen so many kids at a party in my life. I would guess there were about twice as many kids as adults. Very noisy, very hectic.

So that was my four days off. Now I'm back at work and relishing the chance to sit back and do nothing much for a while :-)