Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Degrees of Kidness

I promised a new post last night; but I'm 12 hours late. Sorry ....

A couple of stories to tell about LGR.

One
---

A few days back LGR was painting on the back deck. An excited burble of 2 year old speak caught the attention of Mrs G. LGR was proudly proclaiming "I made my letter!".

It turns out he had painted an L - albeit backwards. He was so excited he then proceeded to turn it into a J :-)


Two
---

A few evenings back I came home from work dead tired. I went upstairs to put on my pyjamas and LGR decided to tag along. After I was PJ'd up I lay on my bed and told LGR I was going to sleep. He didn't like this and started gently rubbing my cheeks and saying, very softly, "Don't sleep Daddy". Then he began to rub a little more roughly. I asked what he was doing. The reply - "Making your face smooth. I shave you Daddy". Nice work little buddy.

Three
-----

This one happened this morning and is conversation based. It went something like:

LGR - "Where am I going today"

Daddy - "You're going to kindy"

LGR - "Where are you (ie Daddy) going today?"

Daddy - "I'm going to work"

LGR - "Why?"

Daddy - "It's my turn. I have to go to work so someone else can go home"

LGR - "It's not your turn. It's someone elses turn"

I wish :-)