Monday, September 03, 2007

Spring

I love Spring - it is without a doubt the finest of all the seasons. I love the colours and the freshness and the sense of optimism that it brings. Summer is too hot, winter is occasionally a bit dreary and autumn is pretty in its own way but there's a sense of melancholy and winding down. For me spring is where it's at.

I was just outside watering my developing tomato bushes. I'm pretty sure I got the timing right on these ones - they're about 12-15 inches tall and full of beautiful smells and bright green foliage. The smell of them gives an impression of childhood memories. I don't know if this is accurate or not but something about them makes me think of being 6 years old and living in Leeton ....

We had a pretty good weekend. It was busy, as always, but good busy. Saturday was a trip down to The Gong for a birthday party by the sea and then a spot to eat with a group who also attended. The kids had a ball and ran themselves ragged - so much so that dinner had to be short circuited because they all got very tired and very 'mischievous'. Nice day though and it got me thinking that maybe we should consider moving .... Again :-)

Sunday was Father's Day. We were given a nice breakfast of pancakes and French toast and then it was off to lunch at a local pub with some friends. The beer garden was great - we got a table underneath a big old tree and right next to it was a very free form style of sandpit which all the kids loved. The food was pretty good - I'll definitely be back because it had a bit of something for everyone.

After lunch it was off to see the freestyle motocross bikes. It was hot and dusty and we got into strife for taking beers in with us (only after we'd drunk the vast majority of them) but the kids loved it - and because they loved it we all loved it. LGR thought it was a great trick to hang over the fence and high five the riders. Hayzey though it was great to wander around aimlessly.

In the end it went for about 3 hours and I got nicely burnt. It was a very nice pleasure to arrive home, have a very thorough shower and slip into some very clean and soft pyjamas.

---

Hayzey slipped without a rail on her bed for the first time last night. She didn't fall off. LGR was very proud of her this morning - I didn't see it but apparently he kept hugging her and saying "I'm so proud of you Hayley."

He also mentioned how sad it was that Hayley was growing up :-)