Friday, August 31, 2007

Behaviour

Hayzey:

We were sitting down eating dinner and Hayzey started having a conversation. With herself. I can't recall what it was about and it doesn't really matter. She was babbling away to herself and every now and then would blurt out "Right Mummy?" or "OK Daddy?" or something similar. She didn't care that we had no idea what she was talking about or that we weren't particularly listening. All that matters was that she wanted to talk and that was what she did.

I remember another child of my'n who used to conduct in similarly amusing conversations.

---

LGR:

The poor duffer was exhausted last night and needed to sleep but wouldn't admit it. We took him up to bed and encouraged him to go to sleep. I was told not until a drink was delivered. I replied that I would probably take longer to get the drink then it would take for him to go to sleep but would get one just to be nice. About 10 minutes later I decided to go to bed and though I should check on LGR.

He was stil awake - flat on his back and staring at the ceiling. I pretended I had left his drink downstairs, made one up and bought it up. He said thanks, asked what it was and when I told him it was water he said thank you again then put it (undrunk) on his bedside table and asked me to turn off his light so he could go to sleep!!