Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Very Good

I had a fantastic long weekend. Amazing.

Monday was pretty low key. The kids and I hung out at the Chef's place while Mrs G and Mrs C went shopping. It wasn't all bad - they have a pool and it was quite cold. The air was quite hot so the balance was good.

The afternoon was spent at home. The kidlets finally got some sleep and Mrs G and I did a couple of chores we had been putting off (such as fixing the kitchen draw which had started to fall to bits). I even mowed some grass. After the grass mow it was outside for a dip in the inflatible pool. This seemed quite bag only a year ago but now it seems somewhat smaller ....

At LGR's request we went out for dinner. He chose his favourite pizza place ('The one near the toys') and we all agreed quite eagerly. On the way there we were talking about growing up. I mentioned that there were no longer any little babies living with us and Hayz responded by saying "No. Just little puppies." It was very cute and almost bought tears to our eyes.

---

Dinner tonight was taco's - at LGR's request. He starts school tomorrow and is very excited and apprehensive about it. I remember my first day at High School very clearly and would suppose this is somewhat similar for him. He wants to go but isn't sure what to expect. The sweet little fellow was composed enough to propose a toast - to big school :-)

I want him to go - but also don't. I remember very clearly bringing him home from hospital, carrying him in the front door and placing him in his bassinet. It doesn't seem like very long ago. It wasn't very long ago. Mrs G and myself are both so proud of our gorgeous boy.

I guess it really is goodbye baby boy and hello big boy.

Welcome big boy.