Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mortality

Sometimes events occur which cause you situp and seriously consider what is going on in your life. Such an event has happened very recently in my life and it will presumably put me and my family (and by family I mean larger family - not just Clan Jones) on a bit of a 'thrill ride' for a while.

This event doesn't directly concern me yet but in my quiet moments it sets off a line of thought which always leads to question myself. What have I achieved? What will I be remembered for? Will I even be remembered? How would I like to be remembered?

And then it's always what should I be doing to ensure that I am remembered the way in which I see myself?

I fear there are tough times ahead. As a group we've been here before so the road is not totally unfamiliar but I suspect the landscape is somewhat different this time around.

Onward we march. To what we do not know.