Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Trouble ....

I had an enormous amount of trouble getting out of the house and off to work this morning. Both kids were awake (which is kind of rare in itself) and both kept asking for cuddles. What can I do but I respond? After the 7th or 8th round of this it started to get a little monotonous (but still very cute).

We're getting our Foxtel upgraded today - do the HD product. I explained to LGR that the old Foxtel box needed to disappear and we would get a new one. There were tears ... as expected. He loves the old box and the movies we have on it and now he'll never get to see them again!!! Sob, sob. I showed him some pictures of the HD box and he seemed well pleased and the tears disappeared.

---

We've just come off the quietest weekend we have had in a very long time. On Friday night Mrs Gazzarus went out for dinner with some friends and then to some sort of spending money party at someone's house. I took the kids out to pick up some dinner (KFC) and then we settled in for an evening of watching "Hook". Both kids asked to go to bed at about 19:30 and I was in bed myself by 20:00.

Saturday was soccer and then a visit from Aunt BJ. She and Mrs Gazzarus spent the afternoon making jewellery while I pottered around the place with the kids. Dinner was just the 4 of us and we were all in bed moderately early again.

Sunday was a spot of grocery and present shopping in the morning followed up by an afternoon of meandering around the house with the kids and a bunch of cooking.

All very quiet.