Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What Day Is It?

I feel like I don't know what day of the week it is or where I am going .... The last couple of days have been ridiculously hard from an emotional perspective.

Mrs G had a very bad turn of events on Monday and ended up back in surgery on Monday evening. There's no clear reason for what transpired - although a brochure her surgeon provided at the initial consult indicated that what happened was a potential (but rare) side effect of the original surgery.

Having said that - it was bloody hard to watch and, I'm quite sure, far harder for her to live through. I'm glad it's over. Not as much as someone else is.

At this stage it looks like being at least another two days until Mrs G comes home ....

Which brings me to the kids.

They have been pretty good about the whole thing. At different times they both drag me aside and we have a chat about what is going on with Mummy and how much we miss her. I'm not entirely sure Hayz understands but she is very aware - when I picked her up from kindy today she was getting her hair done in anticipation of going to see 'Mummy at the hospital'.

LGR is quite aware and is very sweet with his concern. On several occasions he has wandered up to me and stated "I just love Mummy so much and miss her so much". He's made a couple of cards for her (which are the most beautiful cards you could imagine - full of the beautiful phrasing of a pure minded golden child) and even gone so far as to state "I only care about my family. Nothing else. Only my family counts."

Sweet kids.