Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I'm Only Happy When It Rains

LGR's soccer training was called off last night - apparently the council shut down the grounds. It hasn't rained for two days ..... but it did rain last night and I ran in the rain this morning. I love running in the rain - it makes the run feel fresh and natural and almost like a battle of wills against nature.

Instead of soccer training we had a nice, leisurely meal of burritos followed by LGR performing a selection of songs - some on the guitar and some with him singing. LGR has joined the school choir and I love watching him sing at the top of his voice. He's a better singer than I ever was or will be.

I was outwitted by the kids last night. I put them in the bath and told them I had to go downstairs to do a few things, and that I'd be back to wash their hair. While I was downstairs they (predictably) got into a fight.

What I didn't expect was for them both to get out of the bath, pull the plug and then come downstairs to dob on each other and get dressed!!!