Thursday, March 08, 2007

More Than I Thought

I mowed the grass on Tuesday afternoon. The section underneath the trampoline was long enough to reach the mat of the trampoline itself.

It took a while to get the job done :-)

It needs doing again :-(

---

We've had a mellow sort of week - nothing much happening (nothing that's out of the ordinary that is). I feel as though I've eaten a ton of paella, Mrs G probably feels like she's done 1000 hours of study and the kids feel like they get put into bed too early. We all have our little gripes ...

I've becoming increasingly, over the past couple of months, that I'm becoming increasingly more fascinated by the art of politics. Not necessarily the getting things done/processes of politics but the game playing and general silliness that is becoming increasingly more prevalent. Nothing seems to happen or get mentioned unless there is the chance of sticking it to someone else in the opposition. The language used is incredibly deliberate and, wherever possible, vague. It's very seldom that a question gets answered - and even when a question is answered the smalles, most trivial piece of it will be taken by the opposition/media/whoever and twisted around to suit a very specifc and pre-determined agenda.


I can't help but watch it - and admire the way in which 'they' seem to get away with it. I don't aspire to politics in any way, shape or form but the game itself is fascinating.

Maybe I should have studied sociology at Uni?