Monday, November 24, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I took LGR down to Little A's State Relays on the weekend to let him see a synthetic track and a large-ish gathering of athletes. He was initially quite thrilled by the whole thing and was very, very keen to get out on the track for a run ... but ran out of enthusiasm within 30 minutes. He was cold and bored and couldn't find anywhere to sit down. He was asking questions but mostly they consisted of "Where's the canteen?" and "What can I get with my money?" (which was only $1.65).

I think he kind of enjoyed it. For me it was a nice little blast from the past - I saw quite a few uniforms which were very familiar but none from my old club .... What was most amusing was watching all these kids warmup and compete in a very serious fashion - almost as though it was the most important thing in the world. I wasn't like that. Was I?

Maybe a bit :-)

---

What else? I might have bought some DVD's on the weekend. All six Star Wars movies. So far I've watched the first two and found them to be kind of ok. A little bit hit and miss and, in some ways, almost rushed. There are holes in the stories and some of the plot lines are very vague and jumpy. I love the effects (for the most parts) and LGR loves the fighting bits.