Saturday, March 11, 2006

Airport

Today I had the pleasure of taking the kiddies out for a wee adventure whilst Mrs Gazzarus did some study (I still don't know what it's called - some HR thingy). We ended up going to a park at Arncliffe which was extremely proximal to Sydney airport - not that you would know it. Every now and then we heard a plan but didn't see one the entire time we were there.

The kidlets had a ball. We played on some toys, took some photoes and I even tried to teach them both how to cup your hands to catch water out of a tap. This wasn't successful. LGR got his face wet but I don't think he actually drank anything and Hayzey just managed to get herself wet.

It was fun. I took plenty of photo's and we all had a fairly carefree and spirited sort of time.

To finish it off I took the kids for a drive around the perimeter of the airport. LGR was fascinated. He loved the size of it all - the planes, the grounds, the buildings. It was great to hear him sit in the backseat oohing and ahhing at fairly regular and short intervals. Now we just have to get him onto a plane - something which he asks for on an almost dayly basis.

---

Early in the evening (about 19:30) I was pushing LGR on the swing while Hayzey was being put to bed by Mrs G. We had a bit of a chat in which it eventuated that LGR wants to live in a place where it snows all the time. He also wants to be able to swim at the beach everyday, go to the pool everyday and it has to have lots of trees. I asked him if he knew where this place was. He did.

"Campbelltown"

Fantastic :-)

---

For those that care there is a journal (sans pictures) from our recent holiday online. It can be found here. It's not quite finished but I'll post notices when I update it.