Friday, March 31, 2006

Haircut

I got a haircut last night. When I returned home LGR looked at me quizzically and said "You look weird."

He then asked "What did they do to you?"

This morning he asked Mrs G why I still look like a boy after my haircut. Mrs G explained that I look like a boy because I am a boy and I like being a boy. Lochie thought about this for a moment or two and then said "Some Daddies like to look like girls." He even went on to explain the Daddy's that he knows of who like to look like girls :-)

---

Hayzey had an interesting moment when I was picking her up from kindy yesterday. On the way out we had to pick up a Wiggles CD that we had loaned the centre for a few days. Once this was found (it was in LGR's bag all along) LGR and I started walking towards the exit. Hayzey had different ideas and walked back towards the toddlers room!!! I called out to her and she turned around, waved, and kept walking ... In the end I had to chase her and pick her up. So she promptly started screaming and thrashing around. It's good to see she had a good time there yesterday.

---

I've started the whole exercise thing again - in earnest. I think my ankles and back are both ok so I'm giving the 'healthy lifestyle' thing a shot. Again.

As a result I'm a little bit sore (not nearly as bad as I was on Monday) and somewhat tired. But my brain feels better for knowing that I'm making an effort to ward off some potential health issues further down the track.

---

I've come across a Firefox browser plugin that converts $ prices into oil prices. For example if you bought some socks it would display them as $5, or alternately 0.05 of a barrel of oil ....

Very cool for these oil cost sensitive times :-)