Monday, April 10, 2006

Why my antivirus software is no good

It's been a busy week since I last posted.

I've finally got a decent Internet connection - but have decided my antivirus software has been severely compromised by a virus!! I enjoy that irony. I was less than thrilled to discover my AV vendor now claims my software is not supported - particularly after I gave them money about 5 months ago for a year subscription to their AV feeds .... Bastards. Suffice to say they won't get any more money from my pocket.

On a more positive note I got to spend a big chunk of time with the kidlets over the weekend. Mrs G had a bit of a study day lined up on Saturday so the kids and I hung out. We spent some of the day at Aunt LJ's place and had the extra bonus of the kiddy cousins coming around. LGR was thrilled to see them but poor little took a while to warmup. All these weird faces and Mummy's not here?? Some rockmelon soon put her at ease.

Yesterday we went to the Easter show. I cannot believe just how expensive this is. By the time we had paid for parking, a show guide and two adult tickets we were already down $78. It gets even worse when LGR turns 4 ... You couldn't get a drink in the grounds for less than $3.50 and even a plain old bucket of hot (greasy) chips was $4. I'm glad we took some food and drink with us.

In spite of this it was fun. We visited all the animal parts and both kids thought this was great. We finally found something Hayzey is scared of - cows!! She kept trying to pull away from us when we were patting them. LGR liked them. They both enjoyed the pigs and ducks.

I also had the thrill of riding the giant slide with LGR I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it but he was very quiet on the way down. Once we got to the bottom he was all talk and keen to do it again.

Next stop was to meet up with some friends and we watched the stunt cars and bikes as well as a crazy girl get shot out of a cannon. It was cool. LGR loved the cars.

But in the end the kids just got too tired and there were too many people around. We ended up leaving at about 15:00 and Hayzey was asleep by the time we got out of the carpark.