Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Long Day

My day started at about 03:00 (work....) and I feel as though I've been going ever since. In reality I have been; but not all for work.

Today was the day I finally booked us on flights to/from NZ for our 10 year anniversary holiday. The kids are coming with us so it won't be overly romantic but there's no way either of us would consider leaving them behind.

I also booked a car, got travel insurance and registered with the Oz Embassy in NZ as a traveller. This all took a surprising amount of time.

Mrs G is out tonight - working just south of Wollongong and won't be home until tomorrow evening. Had a nice evening with the kids. I played some dominos with LGR and Hayz was content to sit around doing not much at all. There was no whingeing or crying and it was very much appreciated. Bedtime was very sweet - LGR read Hayz some books while I watched from a distance (they were both sitting on his bed) and then Hayz called me back (twice) for a kiss when I was putting her in bed. It's things like that which reaffirm why life is fantastic.