Monday, July 23, 2007

Travel Agent

I went to visit a travel agent today. We discussed airfares for a pending holiday. I was given some very specific information which I decided to cross-reference for my own benefit.

Interesting .....

The price I was given for airfares was about 30% higher than what I can get, for the same airline and same flight times, over the Internet. I wonder which option I'll choose when it comes time to book?

The sad thing is that after talking to other people this experience is not uncommon. I guess the agency has to earn a commission somehow :-)

---

I let the kids choose what we were having for dinner tonight. Between us we arrived at pumpkin soup, garlic bread, tomatoes, cucumber and sausage. The tomatoes and cucumber turned into a salad with red and yellow cherry tomatoes, capsicum and cucumber and the sausages were the always popular chorizo. A bizarre meal but you do what you can ....