Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Things We Do

I picked the kids up from kindy today. As I usually do. We messed around for a bit and then made our way out to the car. Both kids were strapped in and we were just about ready to go. Suddenly there was a shriek from the backseat ....

"We can't do Daddy! I left my notepad in the big playground." There was a simultaneous deluge of tears and much misery. So we all got out of the car and convinced kindy to let us into the locked playground. The notepad was right where LGR said it would be :-)

---

While I was eating my dinner tonight Hayzey climbed up onto my lap and proceeded to provide a commentary on my technique. I received claps and cheers for the trivial task of placing a spoon in my mouth and swallowing. She would point at the next bit of food I had to eat and took a lot of pleasure in being involved.

She didn't want to try any however ...