Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Mountains In June

The Jones clan travelled up to the Blue Mountains today to visit my Mum for a belated birthday lunch.

It was a gorgeous day - somewhere around 15 degrees, bright sunshine and no wind to speak of. Spirits were high and the kiddies were behaving.

We had a nice, simple lunch with two types of birthday cake (Aunt LJ brought a cake last evening but they never got to eat it because of a big night). Pressies were given - Lochie wanted one for himself - and well recieved. Conversation was had and laughs were evident. Very nice.

After lunch we had a nice little photo session with several choice snaps taken. Those who were there know what I mean :-) After this it was off to visit Ma for a bit and then home.

All in all a very pleasant day.

NB - My old place in Katoomba is up for sale. Again. Apparently it has been renovated (cough, cough) and is on the market for $400k ...... Are they kidding? I thought about having a look through it but I've decided I want to remember it the way it was.