Friday, June 10, 2005

My Day With Hayzey

I had the pleasure of spending 6 hours with lil' Hayzey on Monday. CJ had committed to some interviews at Kindy so the babysitting fell to me .....

It wasn't too bad - except that I had just done two nights of On Call straight after two nights of 12 hour night shift. I was tired. But I love my Hayzey and this was a great chance to 'bond'.

CJ left at about 08:30. The first half hour was great - just laying on the floor, playing games, dribbling and drooling. Then I deciced to do some housework. Bad idea. The first task was to hang out the washing. Hayzey cried. I picked her up and she stopped. Then I went back outside and she cried again.

The pattern was set. And this continued for the next 5.5 hours.

To top it all off - this was the longest Hayzey been without Mummy's milk. And she really, really wanted some. The food I could offer was not interesting enough.

I could get her to go to sleep. This was nice. But as the day wore on the crying got more and more persistent and eventually ended up with Hayzey screaming and me ..... sort of whimpering I guess?

But - would I do it again? In a second. Ever since these glorious but somewhat taxing six hours I feel a certain kinship with Hayzey that wasn't there before. And that's what life is about.

No comments: