Monday, May 22, 2006

The Chicken Dance

Hayzey has discovered that she can do the chicken dance, and she does it at the weirdest times. Last week she did whilst eating a chicken McNugget (a nice touch of irony) and apparently also did one for a statue of Ronald McDonald. I personally have seen her do it in the middle of a restaurant full of people.

I've also seen her make train noises while reading Thomas the Tank Engine stories.

Mimicry is also becoming a skill. It is more and more frequent that Hayzey hears someone say a word or a phrase and tries to copy. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't but it's almost always cute.

LGR has discovered the sublime thrill of running - he's nuts for it right now and is particularly fascinated by the idea of racing. I think he likes the idea of being able to run faster than me. For the time being ......

Mrs G is finished her study for a while - all 10 assignments were handed in last week and a massive sense of release ensued. We have about two months before the next bout of study; but the next lot should be a little more sensibly paced.

My knee is getting better. I've been able to work comfortably for a couple of days now but have developed a limp. This is partly habit and partly muscular. I've been using a 'special' straight legged technique to try to get rid of it and this appears to be working.

I'm also allowed back in the pool and can do gentle cycling on an exercise bike. I might be allowed to ride on the road next week but still no sign of running.