Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Where Have My Bandages Gone?

As I sit and type I am without bandage, or tape, or anything else on my knee. I finally got to remove the covering over the incisions and was very surprised at the size of them - each of the three is just over 0.5 cm long. I am also quite surprised at the fully revealed size of my patella and it's immediate surrounds, and at the extent of the bruising around my knee.

No bloody wonder it hurt so much!!!

I went back to work and it was ok - as luck would have it we had the fire alarms go off. I work on the 3rd level so was potentially faced with a very painful walk down 4 flights of stairs. I copped a nice break however. I was just getting onto a lift when the alarms sounded so I calmly rode it down to Ground and meandered on out through reception. A big no-no according to evacuation procedures but much better on sore knees.

I also had to a lot of walking between buildings. My knee felt great up to lunch; but after sitting down for 45 minutes it tightened up considerably.

All in all though it held up nicely and, as I keep saying, the recovery is coming along quite nicely.