Sunday, May 07, 2006

An Interesting Weekend

We went to the hospital today. Katoomba Hospital.

The plan was to go up and see Nanna for Mothers Day a week early - because I don't know how my knee will be next weekend nor how well I'll be able to tolerate sitting in a car for extended periods.

The day started well but while I was out getting some lunch with Aunt LJ young Hayzey had a bit of an issue and was crying in pain for about 20 minutes. By the time we had gotten back and it all seemed ok. Not really ...

Towards the end of lunch Hayz started crying, and choking, again. After about 15 minutes she had a terrific spew and showed no signs of the pain subsidising. So Mrs G and I rushed up to the hospital while LGR joyfully volunteered to hang out with Nanna, Aunt LJ and UA for a while.

The only problem was that by the time we got to the hospital Hayzey was no longer crying. After 20 minutes in the waiting room she was running around (in a nappy) and talking to everything she saw. Typical ....

We got home without any issue but just after a bath (and a feed of grapes) the same thing happened - this time without spews. As I type dinner has been eaten and we are waiting to see if there is any post food reaction.

The rest of the weekend was good. Yesterday I took LGR and Hayzey out on separate expeditions while Mrs G stayed home with the sleeping kiddy and did some more study type things. Hayzey helped me get some groceries while LGR came out with me to get some presents for Mothers Day, lunch and a play in a park. Both kids were angels.

Last night we had party number 2. And LGR didn't go to bed until 20:30. This morning he agreed there was too much party and Grandma had to go home :-)