Friday, May 05, 2006

I Don't Have a Title For This One

It's Friday night and I'm at home watching the footy. Currently Australia lead New Zealand 10-4 (according to Channel 9) and it looks as though it might be a bit of a blowout.

The kids have been very sweet this week. Both are in a nice little groove - LGR for his 'shows' that he constantly wants to put on and Hayzey for her attempts to talk.

LGR currently has shows which pay homage to The Wiggles, Hi-5, trains, church, the beach, barbecues (aka barbies) and probably about 5 other things I don't know about. They all have a central theme which consists of LGR strutting around and proclaiming "Hello everybody. Welcome to the (insert theme) show!"

Hayzey has numerous words. I think I've already written about turtle but tonight I discovered we have also got Dorothy, grandma and something else which has escaped my mind. You have to know what she is saying but everyone starts somewhere.

---

Tonight we had a small birthday dinner for Grandma. The kids, and LGR in particular, were quite excited about this. LGR was even more excited because Uncle G was coming along. It was a very nice night - a good bit of chat was had and everyone appeared to have a good time. LGR led the way in singing Happy Birthday and even made the birthday cake :-)