Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Paternal Side

LGR is being very paternal towards his teddy bear (aka Tommy). He makes sure Tommy has enough food and drink, is kept warm, gets medical care (from Dr LGR), gets tucked into bed at night, has friends to play with during the day etc etc. It is very, very sweet and interesting to see how gentle he is when this is all happening.

---

Sport. Watched State of Origin last night and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It probably helps that the good guys won but the game itself was quite interesting; if not a wee bit underskilled. I think I enjoyed the physicallity of the game - in many ways it was every bit as physical as the Origin games I remember from my much younger days.

And if Steve Menzies is not playing the best footy he has every played then I'm not typing this stuff out. Fantastic footballer and getting better as he gets older.

I've just finished watching the soccer - Australia vs Greece. By the time this is read everyone knows Australia won the game; which is a good effort considering up to 1/3 of the potential run on side was injured. For all that however it was a deadset boring game and I ended up spending most of the second half doing the ironing. I think the sport has got a way to go in Australia - but it's definitely getting there.

---

I can now walk without a limp. There is still some pain, my vastus medialis oblongatus has atrophied to a degree that I have trouble comprehending and my Iliotibial Band is quite tight; but the limp is gone. When I concentrate on making it be gone.

I saw the surgeon the other day and he was quite happy with my progress. He said he would expect it to be 6 weeks between operation and running; so I have about 4 weeks to go. He also advised me not to do anything stupid - which I guess means don't run before the knee is ready.