Saturday, August 05, 2006

Cooking

I've done a lot of cooking in the past 24 hours. Some of it worked out and some of it didn't.

For dinner last night I tried to make a very simple and quick pasta dish. Mrs G and Grandma both claimed to like it but I know for a fact that it was horrible. I didn't eat it but the others did. In the end I had garlic bread and beer for dinner. A fantastic combination :-(

Earlier today I decided to play a bit. LGR and myself made up a basic dough mix and then decided to make rolled up snake shapes stuffed with filling - one of them Spanish salami, pastrami, semi-dried tomato, bocconcini and egg and the other had a mixture of dried fruit, jam and white chocolate. The meat version was/is beautiful. I've had plenty of slices. The fruit one is apparently also nice but I haven't had any of that one yet.

The other cooking adventure was some steak sandwiches for lunch. My sandwich was outstanding - thinly sliced steak with hummus, chilli sauce, rocket, tomato and cheese. Very tasty, very filling and very good. The other folks were a touch more traditional having steak, onion and tomato and some sort of sauce.

What else? I mowed some grass today. There were plenty of places where it still hadn't dried out completely from yesterday's rain but it's got a much better of drying now that it's shorter. It turns out we have a lot of weeds in front of the garage and something will have to be done about them.

What about the kids? They've been a handful but mostly cute. Both of them are very much enjoying dancing (even when there is no music) and new floors are going down a treat. They can push chairs around on the smooth surface and now have access to all sorts of things ... Myself and Mrs G have both taken note of this one.