Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Home Early

I got a call from Mrs G at about 13:45 this afternoon telling me kindy was claiming Hayzey had a fever and we needed to pick her up. Mrs G was in training so I graciously volunteered.

When I got to kindy I decided to check in on LGR first. I looked thru the window of the Pre-School and he was dancing around with his mates shaking a maracca. I was spied through the window and next thing I knew LGR and a bunch of his mates were all talking to me and telling me how fun they were having :-) There was no way LGR was going to go home just yet ....

Next stop was Hayz. When I walked into her room she was sitting quietly by herself. When she saw me she blurted out a croaky "Dadda" and I thought maybe she was sick after all. She'd had some Panadol but no food. Kindy did tell me she was looking a bit better.

Hayz and I got home (LGR definitely wasn't ready to leave) and she started eating. And eating. And eating. She wasn't overly active but at the same Hayz was having a grand time reading here books to herself. Every time she turned the page she would yell out "Banana".

In the end I got a couple of hours off work and Hayzey is not sick. The downside is that I have to start work at 04:00 tomorrow morning and have not had a chance to properly prepare for the work I have to do. Time will tell what happens.