Sunday, August 13, 2006

Falling Over

As I sit here and type I'm watching a show on Discovery Science about what happens to food when you don't store it properly. Truly horrible. And horrifying. It also talks about over cooking food - which is not nearly so disgraceful but still a bit ordinary ....

We've had a pretty good weekend. Didn't do much. The fish tank got set up again yesterday and it should be ready for fish next weekend. LGR is quite excited about it. Hayzey went nuts in the aquarium shop - she was running around pointing at everything and shrieking in excitement.

Today was also cool. Aunt LJ and UA came around for lunch and told us they are getting married. There was much congratulating and cheering and we finally had a good reason to pop open the bottle of Moet. We (I) cooked a BBQ (only one bowl was destroyed during the creation of the meal) and had a pleasent, albeit huge, feed on the deck.

After LJ and UA left the real excitement of the weekend started. LGR took a tumble (over the BBQ cover) and landed squarely on his broken arm. At this point I should let you know he has two fractures in his forearm. Suffice to say he cried but the situation was recovered courtesy of some ice blocks.

Not too long later Hayzey took a tumble off the back of her bike and also cried quite ferociously. Some hugs later and all was well. The part of the bike that stops her from tipping backwards was also found and reattached.

During dinner, and while we were putting LGR to bed, we noticed the hand on the end of his broken arm was quite swollen. We're hoping this is a natural consequence of the days activity and not an indicator of some further damage. We'll know a bit more in the morning I suspect.

On a final note I would like to point out that Hayzey let me put her to sleep in my arms this evening. It has been a long, long time since she let me do this and I appreciated it very much.