Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Spatial Awareness & Body Hair

You read the title correctly:

Spatial Awareness & Body Hair

LGR is currently fascinated by each of these topics. How do I know? Well - apart from living with him ...

At least once a day LGR will stop and ask some sort of question along the lines of "Which room is above us now?" or "Who owns that window?". He's always asking these questions about our house and I can picture his brain ticking over putting the pieces of the three dimensional puzzle together.

As for the body hair ... He has developed a charming little habit of telling me that he has hairy legs - "just like Daddy". Then he shows me his hairy legs and changes his mind. "My legs are hairy but not like yours."

Very sweet and very innocent.

Hayz is reaching that stage where she is moving from being adorably sweet and innocent to a little but sneaky and more than willing to play on emotions. She's still sweet but has learnt the value of a good screech and some tears on the cheek.

Most importantly however - she still manages to enthrall people wherever we go and is talking more and more often. I might see if I can see some sound grabs of the kids talking/singing etc and put them on the other page.

In other news that isn't limited to the kids I can reveal that Mrs G got a pretty good result in her first assignment of the new Uni semester and she is also looking after herself (the person out there who was concerned can rest easy now).

My knee is getting stronger and stronger. It's still not perfect but my running regime is coming along nicely and strength is slowly returning. I've come up with a shortlist of races I'd like to do over the next couple of years and, at this point, I'm about 20.5 km away from being able to complete the shortest of them :-)