Tuesday, August 08, 2006

How to Build a Rollercoaster

I have had a very long day. I've been up since 02:30 but the Coke I drank when I got home from work is helping me along very nicely ...

Hayz woke up during the night. Again. And needed to be sorted out. Again. All it takes is to move her from a sideways position to a straight position in the cot but it's enough for me to take up to an hour to go back to sleep.

Last night she woke at 02:30 - which is later than usual. Unfortunately I had to get up at 03:00 for work so I didn't make it back to sleep.

The drive in to work was quick. As you would expect. I listed ABC Sydney and there was a very enlightening discussion on home remedies for boils, ulcers, colds, splinters and a host of other ailments. Some of them sounded quite painful (and a bit disgusting) but it was engaging enough.

The work day was long, but I got to see some very cool technology demonstrations today. I am wholeheartedly convinced that the way in which Australians consume/spend their home entertainment dollar will change massively in the next 5-10 years and the possibilities are very cool.

I left work a touch early and picked up the kids. It was quite cute to arrive at work and see LGR running around in the playground and Hayzey having afternoon tea with the rest of the toddlers. I even got 'accosted' by one of LGR's friends for permission to have a sleepover (tomorrow night!! in Wollongong!!). It was all good.

The highlight of my day, however, was listening to LGR tell me how to build rollercoasters. It's quite simple really. You draw a plan (which he is fantastic at doing) and then you use your erections. That's all you need. Erections .....

This then moved on to a discussion of career options. In today's version LGR is going to be a ballerina, a rollercoaster builder, a cricket player and a Wiggle. (So long as I'm relaying messages LGR also says hello to The Wiggles.)

Maybe he can combine them all in the same job?