Friday, August 18, 2006

More Pics

I've posted the July pics at my other site . Have a look :-)

What's been happening? I've been working and it's been a very long week. I know there are plenty of people out there who have longer shifts and work more days per week; but my week was still pretty long.

We got a few things fixed around the house. The dishwasher has been on the blink for about two weeks. The nice fixer upper man came out today and was able to determine that the guys who put in our new floors had managed to introduce a kink into the hose - thus causing our problems. The issue was the way they had finished the floor to the dishwasher (but not under it - they claimed they couldn't get the dishwasher out ...). The finish meant the washer had to be pushed just a little further back and this introduced a kink.

Conveniently the floor people were also coming around today to fix a couple of little issues that had arisen. When they got here Mrs G asked them about the area around the dishwasher and suggested they should finish the job. The guy who was doing the fixing was not the same guy (or guys) who did the initial work and he was, by all accounts, a bit upset about the effort put in. Of more intrigue was that he was able to tell us who had done the original work - suggesting a bit of a pattern???

The fixer upper chap completed the job under the dishwasher and fixed up some of our other small issues. The dishwasher dude left our washer in the middle of the kitchen so it could be done - but didn't charge us anything. All that is left for us is to wriggle the washer back into place tomorrow (there's some silicon which needs some curing time) and we're all set. Hopefully.

What else? We had another disco tonight. Tonight's effor fizzled out pretty quickly. I would suggest this is because LGR has had a very active day and his arm was causing some discomfort. They still managed a nice dance and had some fun.

I also had a nice little game with Hayz. I was laying on my back and spinning around and she kept chasing my knees. The aim for her was to climb over my knees and onto my belly. It seems as though this can only be done via my knees - climbing onto the belly from the side is a big no-no.

Earlier this week LGR got very upset at his shadow. It wouldn't leave him alone ...